About the position
Aasiaat is the gate to the archipelago of Qeqertalik with more than 2000 islands and Hotel Søma Aasiaat is looking for a guide for both winter and summer season starting in January 2023.
Are you our new guide?
Hotel SØMA Aasiaat is one of four hotels on the west coast of Greenland.
The hotel is the largest provider of tourist activities in Aasiaat and is continuously developing new activities in order to make Aasiaat more attractive for tourists.
We offer an exciting workplace located in the world’s most beautiful scenery. We have easy access to the Disko Bay with our own pontoon bridge right outside our main entrance. You can expect great sparring from the management team, as much as we have a close collaboration with our local partners.
Hotel Søma is a hotel based on Christian values – we see ourselves as a home where there is space and hospitality for everyone to feel welcome.
About the position
As a guide at Hotel Søma Aasiaat you will be in charge of:
- Guiding our guests in kayaking, sea safaris, hiking, stand-up paddling, snow mobiles, etc…
- Driving the guests to the starting point of their activity (dog sledding, northern lights, …).
- Renting the gear.
- Promoting our activities.
- Selling the tours according to the given budget.
- Booking the different touristic activities.
- Developing tour content.
- Maintaining our equipment
And above all… Making our guests live a unique adventure.
As we are in a process of development, the position is even more exciting as you will be involved in creating new tours, finding new activities and be part of the growth of our touristic offers.
Duration: 2 years contract starting in January 2023.
From October to December, due to the low season, there is limited guiding, therefore we can offer practical work around the hotel.
Working hours: Around 40 hours per week, flexible hours with the possibility of working in the evenings and weekends.
Salary: According to qualifications.
Accommodation: Can be provided on request.
A driving license category B is a must.
- You enjoy being outside, doing outdoor activities, and being surrounded by other people.
- You are a dynamic, enthusiastic, and outgoing person.
- You like to come up with new ideas and being involved in the process of development.
- You have good orientation skills and are comfortable being out on your own in the mountains and at sea.
- You are organized and good in sales.
- You are fluent in English. Danish and Greenlandic would be a plus.
Experience in guiding would be a plus.
If you have any questions concerning the position please contact Hotel Manager, Lisbeth Hansen at +299 235102 or write an email to Bestyrer.email@example.com.
The application including short CV must be sent to Bestyrer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applying : December 15th 2022.